Welcome to the Thousand Oaks Dental website. Our goal is to help you understand how we can treat your dental issues. One of the many helpful services we offer is a root canal. We hope this page provides an informative guide on what a root can is and how it can be a therapeutic dental health aspect. We also hope to alleviate any fear or anxiety about root canal therapy.
Call us today to set up an appointment. We’ll provide a helpful consultation, provide recommendations, and answer any of your questions about a root canal.
What Is a Root Canal and What Does It Accomplish?
The idea of a root canal treatment may bring some anxiety. These days, people have the wrong idea about a root canal because technological advancements have improved the technique in recent years, reducing pain. Our therapeutic root canal process goes to the root of your tooth problem. Literally. Your tooth blood vessels and nerves are at the tooth center in a pulpy material. If the tooth is damaged or decayed and infected, we must remove some of this pulpy material, causing pain and tooth decay which can spread. Root canal therapy removes this infected material, disinfects the area, and strengthens the tooth’s inner section.
A root canal can save an infected tooth and prevent extraction. Saving your natural tooth eliminates the need for more invasive procedures, such as bridges, implants, and veneers. These are all excellent, durable options for restoring missing or damaged teeth. They provide prosthetic teeth which match your tooth color, size, shape, and overall smile. But why replace a tooth when you can preserve it? There’s no substitute for a natural tooth if it is in good shape and functional. Dr. Thompson and her San Antonio expert staff are highly experienced dental specialists and can perform the root canal procedure with little to no pain.
What Is the Root Canal Process?
Our root canal therapy restores your tooth’s natural health, vitality, and beauty. We’ll start by answering any of your questions and making sure you are comfortable, relaxed, and ready for the procedure. Our method may differ depending on your unique needs, but in general, we will:
- Administer a local anesthetic. You may feel a pinch with the injection, which is typically the most painful part of the process. You should not experience any pain in the tooth we treat from this point forward.
- Apply specialized dental coverings to isolate the tooth we’re treating and protect your other teeth and gums.
- Use specialized tools to access the tooth’s central portion and infected area. We’ll clean out the infected material and disinfect the area.
- Rinse debris from within the tooth.
- Shape the newly treated interior canals using state-of-the-art technology. We’ll fill the area with a specialized material to provide tooth strength and durability.
- Cap the tooth with prosthetic material. We’ll shape the cap and choose a color to match your tooth’s look and functionality.
After a healing period, your tooth will be healthy, functional, and disease-free once again.
Call Today for an Appointment
At Thousand Oaks Dental, we strive to provide a relaxed, welcoming environment where you’ll feel comfortable during your visit, no matter the dental procedure you need. We can help to remove the fear and anxiety from any dental treatment, including a root canal. We love serving our patients by eliminating pain and promoting excellent dental health.
Contact us today. You’ll be glad you did, and we’ll be glad to meet you. We look forward to serving you, helping you to bring out that smile as often as possible.